Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Twas my birthday yesterday!

I would have posted this yesterday but it has to wait until I'd painted my toe nails to match my new Crocs sandals :) (how vain is that?!). It was a fantastic day... but so busy I didn't get a chance to do them until after lunch today!

Paul had organised to take the day off work so we could spend the day together... so I grabbed the chance to go and get my hair done in the am (my birthday present from mum & dad... thanks)! It was way overdue... last done mid Dec'07 and desperate for a good cut. The layers were getting straggly and it needed about 3 inches off the bottom which might sound like a lot to most people but if you see my picture on Ravelry you'll see my hair hovers at waist length so it's not much overall to me. So while I was being pampered in the salon... by also having copper & brown low lights :)... Paul had daddy time with Finn.

Then the boys took me for lunch at our local fusion tapas restaurant Pravada. I forgot to photograph what we ordered as it was all so yummy... sorry. F tried a bit of all of the dishes except my scallops and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

We walked off some of our lunch with a potter round the shops & a few purchases including my new shoes & the much needed peat plant pots... more coming about that in a future post!

After getting F into bed after tea we settled down on the sofa to watch a Nicolas Cage DVD 'Next' which was surprisingly good fun. The only down side to the day was the fact I started Anti-Biotic's on Thursday for an upper respiratory tract infection which has given me a nasty cough and very sore throat. So intead of a glass of chilled pink fizz it's been Lemsips, Benylin and Lockets... Oh well!

Right I'm off to play with my new GHD hair straighteners (thanks Paul & F) & I should probably watch the DVD first as I've never used any before... but hey how hard can it be? :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I've missed another year! My deepest apologies.. one day I swear I will find a way to remember peoples birthdays (although thinking about it seriously.. it may have to be a tattoo) Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, with Bimbs on that one... for some reason I always think it's in August. Love the lion — the Rasta Monk look :) Could name him "Lyann"

    I'm getting a distinctly pink theme where the pods are concerned though... care must be taken not to clash! ;)

    ReplyDelete